[Az-Geocaching] Cache Ratings

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:14:43 -0700 (MST)

I agree that it is too general to say "Handicap accessible".... Which
is why I already said that the specifics for a "1" or "1.5" need to be
written in the description on the cache page. (or some other way of
imparting the critical information)
Trisha

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:49:33 -0700, "Andrew Ayre" wrote:

> Trisha,
>
> That looks like the text from the rating system on the clayjar web
> site. I
> have a big problem with this one:
>
> "1. Handicap Accessible (may be paved, relatively flat, <1/2 mile)"
>
> How many people would like to use canadian crutches to walk
> potentially a
> mile (1/2 mile there, 1/2 mile back)? This description for 1 star
> terrain is
> perhaps the most critical to geocachers with limitations, yet it is
too
> generic IMO to be any real use.
>
> I see another benefit of adding checkboxes for specifics of terrain,
> etc. is
> that it makes people think about what they are entering. Currently
> there
> isn't even a requirement to use the clayjar rating system...
>
> Andy
>
> --
> Andrew Ayre          Embedded Systems Academy
> aayre@esacademy.com  www.esacademy.com
> PGP encrypted Email accepted

Climbing,

href="http://mail.brasher.com/jump/http://www.clayjar.com/gcrs">http://www.c