[Az-Geocaching] Unfound virtual drive-up cache in Arizona (nearly a year old)

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:18:53 -0700 (PDT)

--0-825083942-1050088733=:83588

Scott Wood wrote: There are lots of caches that go for long periods of time without being found.  That doesn't mean that they are bad caches, or that the cache owners don't care.  There can be a lot of reasons why people don't find certain caches.
There are some caches that are located in remote areas and are difficult to get to.  For this reason, they may get few visitors, but these are among the best geocaches anywhere.  For example, one of my favorite caches is BunkerDave's Cache near the summit of Mount Peale, highest point of the La Sal Mountains of southeastern Utah.    It was placed on August 24, 2001, and was visited by two geocachers the following day.   Since August 2001, however, I have made the only other visit to this cache.  Therefore, I am the only visitor to this cache in the past 19 and a half months.  I put a travel bug in the cache, but that travel bug is still there and needs to move somewhere else. I have a virtual cache at the east trailhead of Aravaipa Canyon.  All you need to do is drive up to the trailhead and read the signs.  I established this cache 11 months ago, and it has yet to record a finding.  I recommend hiking or backpacking across Aravaipa Canyon this spring.  Access to the canyon is restricted to about 50 people per day by the BLM and you need a permit for access, but my virtual cache is located at a parking area so anyone can visit it.
This week I established a virtual cache in Phoenix near the Central Avenue entrance to South Mountain Park.  It is called Mystery Castle and, since it is a virtual cache, it is not a members-only cache.   If you do the castle tour (not required to claim the cache), explain your impressions of what you saw during the tour in your log entry. Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)
--0-825083942-1050088733=:83588

<DIV><EM><FONT size=1>Scott Wood wrote:</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=1></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=1>There are lots of caches that go for long periods of time without being found.&nbsp; That doesn't mean that they are bad caches, or that the cache owners don't care.&nbsp; There can be a lot of reasons why people don't find certain caches.</FONT></EM><BR></DIV>
<DIV>There are some caches that are located in remote areas and are difficult to get to.&nbsp; For this reason, they may get few visitors, but these are among the best geocaches anywhere.&nbsp; For example, one of my favorite caches is <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=6327">BunkerDave's Cache</A> near the summit of Mount Peale, highest point of the La Sal Mountains of southeastern Utah.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It was placed on August 24, 2001, and was visited by two geocachers the following day.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Since August 2001, however, I have made the only other visit to this cache.&nbsp; Therefore, I am the only visitor to this cache in the past 19 and a half months.&nbsp; I put a travel bug in the cache, but that travel bug is still there and needs to move somewhere else.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have a virtual cache at the east trailhead of <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=22641">Aravaipa Canyon</A>.&nbsp; All you need to do is drive up to the trailhead and read the signs.&nbsp; I established this cache 11 months ago, and it has yet to record a finding.&nbsp; I recommend hiking or backpacking across Aravaipa Canyon this spring.&nbsp; Access to the canyon is restricted to about 50 people per day by the BLM and you need a permit for access, but my virtual cache is located at a parking area so anyone can visit it.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>This week I established a virtual cache in Phoenix near the Central Avenue entrance to South Mountain Park.&nbsp; It is called <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=62792">Mystery Castle</A> and, since it is a virtual cache, it is&nbsp;<U>not</U> a members-only cache.&nbsp; &nbsp;If you do the castle tour (not required to claim the cache), explain your impressions of what you saw during the tour in your log entry.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT size=4>Ken</FONT> </STRONG>(a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</DIV>
--0-825083942-1050088733=:83588--