[Az-Geocaching] Forest Fire and Ammo Can Concern

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 08:03:43 -0700

Hi,

Our recently placed Hollywood Arizona cache

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=22537

appears to be in the Bullock fire's path. I am getting concerned what the
fire will do to the ammo can. I would hate for it to explode and injure a
firefighter. I did a search on geocaching.com about this and noone else
appears to have ever mentioned such a concern. We did not place anything in
the cache that explodes, and from reading the logs of two people who have
visited it, neither did they. It is buried under a pile of rocks in an area
with not much vegetation, i.e. rocks and I think fallen pine needles.
Am I overreacting? Everyone else I ask says I am.

Groover