[Az-Geocaching] Cache bandits

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
27 May 2002 10:33:48 -0700

> The "perp" is spending more on gas getting around the Valley to find
> them than they would if they just went into a store and bought them.
>
> Maybe we should put a different note on the cans: "Hey, you can buy
> these for four bucks each at a surplus store!"

How about "If I'm at someones house, I am stolen property.... keep your
hands on your wallets, you never know what is next"

Everyone should buy an engraver for this... that way it's a ton of work
to get rid of the writing.
Or even better, someone should put one of fedl's tracking bugs in a can
with a false bottom and put it in a high can theft area, then we can
track down the jerk and give him a god talking to.

The person might not realize how cheap amo cans are.  I know I used to
think they would be a lot more expensive than they are before I got into
geocaching... Thats probably why most of our early caches aren't in amo
cans.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek