[Az-Geocaching] Re: Re: Why exclude non-smoking day hikers????

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:48:28 -0700

At 11:22 AM 5/24/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>making the decision to close these lands.  As others have said, I don't like
>having the public lands closed, but I certainly understand the reasons and
>the need.  There are more reasons than just preventing wildland fires.

Being one of those that doesn't want the lands closed, you are absolutely
right about there being needs beyond just reducing the likelihood of
ignition.  I can actually see closing an area during active suppression as
a very valid reason to close an area, if not an outright necessity, and
would never criticize that decision.

I understand from the news that the fire out in Reddington/Mt. Lemmon is
now over 10,000 acres.  Having spent a lot of time out in that area, it is
pretty rugged and has very limited access.  That has to be one heck of a
tough job to fight that one.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache