[Az-Geocaching] Caches in closed areas

Ford, Denny listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 07:20:02 -0700

With all the discussion of closing areas due to the fire restrictions, I am not meaning to get into a debate on whether
or not they should be completely closed.  The point that I would like to bring up, what are we going to do as owners of
caches, to inform our community that a cache is in a closed area.  We could handle it as a post or a note in the cache
page that states it is currently in a closed area and is inaccessible, or do we temporarily deactivate the caches until
the area is re-opened.  I just think there are enough new people in this game that might not know if the location is on
National Forest, or in the case of multistage caches some or all might be in closed areas.

In short how are we going to handle this situation to save ourselves a lot or wasted time and energy?

Denny
Tres Hombres