[Az-Geocaching] Trish gets her wish

Mon, 20 May 2002 21:18:56 EDT

--part1_17d.89cca8e.2a1afa80_boundary

As a PR person for a major national insurance company, part of my job entails
keeping a watch on news items that are related to our business, and that
includes wildfires.

It looks like Trish may get by closing the forests.  The following
announcements were made today:
As of May 22
* 80% of Tonto NF will be closed
* 66% of Coconino NF will be closed
* Kaibab is closed to all off road vehicles and camping
And, of course, all the NF have restrictions on open flames (including
Coleman stoves), no chainsaws and cigarette smoking only in vehicles.

Plus, keeping on watch on the Tram fire near Clint Wells, it looks like our
Buck-I cache may be in jeopardy.  I am sure that we will lose some more
caches to wildfires this summer.

We have just dedicated our backyard as Camp Snow and it looks like that's
where we will be spending the summer!

Now that I have spread doom and gloom...... have a great day!  ;)

Lori
Team Snowpeople

--part1_17d.89cca8e.2a1afa80_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">As a PR person for a major national insurance company, part of my job entails keeping a watch on news items that are related to our business, and that includes wildfires.<BR>
<BR>
It looks like Trish may get by closing the forests.&nbsp; The following announcements were made today:<BR>
As of May 22<BR>
* 80% of Tonto NF will be closed<BR>
* 66% of Coconino NF will be closed<BR>
* Kaibab is closed to all off road vehicles and camping<BR>
And, of course, all the NF have restrictions on open flames (including Coleman stoves), no chainsaws and cigarette smoking only in vehicles.<BR>
<BR>
Plus, keeping on watch on the Tram fire near Clint Wells, it looks like our Buck-I cache may be in jeopardy.&nbsp; I am sure that we will lose some more caches to wildfires this summer.<BR>
<BR>
We have just dedicated our backyard as Camp Snow and it looks like that's where we will be spending the summer!<BR>
<BR>
Now that I have spread doom and gloom...... have a great day!&nbsp; ;)<BR>
<BR>
Lori<BR>
Team Snowpeople</FONT></HTML>

--part1_17d.89cca8e.2a1afa80_boundary--