[Az-Geocaching] More on abandoned Caches

Baja Fleg listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 11:47:41 -0600

Basically Fed1 this could go both ways all day long and neither side would
be happy with the other.  You say its littering because people that plant
them have no plan, desire, or ability to get to on a short notice.
I say its not littering because even though I can't make it to some of my
caches in a short notice or even care to I will get back to them when I can
and take care of whatever problems have came up.  I do check on my caches
regularly and I agree that most people also should but if I were to place a
cache in say Texas then I would hope there are some responsible geocachers
in Texas that could adopt it and give it a look from time to time sorta like
the boca boyz bat cave cache.  After all we all need to look out for each
other so geocaching can continue to be a positive experience for everyone
and grow.
Now what we don't need here again are personal attacks.  If someone can't
make it to the more difficult caches that you can there is no need to hold
that in their face and rub their noses in it.

Michael

----Original Message Follows----
Which brings me to this question, that nobody seems willing (or able) to
answer.  How is placing a cache somewhere that you have no plan, desire,
or ability to get to on short notice different than littering?

-Fedl