[Az-Geocaching] Following the cache

RAND HARDIN listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 02:49:35 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C2A4AD.C45CAAA0

Hello Heather,

I am one of the guilty ones who evidently didn't understand your wishes. =
 I visited the cache on Nov 29th at 7:10, on a dark, cloudy, rainy mornin=
g.  Considering that this is a microcache in a high traffic area, the cha=
nces of getting cachers to sit down and take the time to read instruction=
s are pretty slim.  I know I didn't read any instructions at the cache si=
te.  I probably had a hard enough time in the dark just signing the log s=
heet.  Unless your instructions were written in large, bold letters (with=
out my reading glasses and strong light) I wouldn't have been able to mak=
e out the print.  I notice that nowhere in the online instructions does i=
t state your wishes.  All it says is: "When logging your find online, ple=
ase include the requested information from the log sheet."  You also said=
: "This is an urban microcache in a high traffic area for the express pur=
pose of making movie recommendations as well as getting them."  (Again, n=
o details as to your wishes.)  My interpretation of what I understood at =
the time was that you wanted us to make movie recommendations and post th=
em online - and then read everyone else's if we wish.  I'm sorry for my m=
isunderstanding.  As I stated earlier, I believe the biggest problem is t=
hat you have a microcache in a high traffic area, and most cachers can't =
(or won't) take the time to sit and read instructions.  It would help if =
you posted your detailed instructions online.

Happy caching, =20

Rand Hardin (RandMan)           =20
 =20