[Az-Geocaching] New Fake cache logger - FYI

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.net
Tue Mar 17 19:26:05 CDT 2009

Jake,
and Bob,
Once your caches are repaired/replaced, they can be unarchived and put
back in service.
An EMail to our reviewer (with a link to the cache page included for
convenience) stating that the cache is fixed should result in unarchival.
Worst case scenario is you would need to 'hide' a 'new' cache at the
same location.
The speed with which disabled caches are archived is pretty-much left up
to the local reviewer, and is not mandated by Groundspeak/Geocaching.com.
With around 500 caches */a month/* being published  in Arizona alone (I
could only guess how many are submitted) our reviewer is overworked and
under paid, and should be screaming for some help. With that kind of
pressure, some errors of judgment are bound to creep in.

Back on topic. Once a virtual is archived, it's gone for good. :'(

ACM