[Az-Geocaching] Southwest Trails mapset for Garmin GPSr's Released!

Mark Fleming mrkfleming at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 16:42:47 CDT 2009

Hi Andy,

I'm probably going to have to put together some legal statement on this, but
here is how I envision it. All data submitted it property of the person who
submitted it. I try and get as much data as possible from the public domain
so that it's free to use by everybody, and there are no issues. But, if you
submit a track for inclusion, I believe you own that track (since you
created it), and I guess are effectively licensing it for Southwest Trails'
use. SW Trails will ALWAYS be free, so I don't plan on making any money off
of other people's work. It takes quite a bit of effort to get tracks into
this product, but it's a labor of love, and I'm hoping it can stay that way.
I may accept donations to cover software/hosting expenses in the future.

I may work something out with the Trails Co-Op, supplier of most of the data
I have now, to make raw data available to everybody. I certainly have no
problems sharing any tracks created by myself. You can download tracks for
most of the trails I have right now by going to http://www.redtrails.com/.

As I move from the alpha to the beta and then final release stage, I'll be
more explicit with licensing questions. It'll likely be a creative commons
license.

Thanks,

Mark