[Az-Geocaching] Yeeehaw!

Shari Guida shamik1954 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 08:43:45 CDT 2009

But the teacher did get permission, or so it states. It's not the first time a teacher (or a scout leader) has utilized geocaching as a teaching tool and a group activity. And that's a very good thing. It would have been more prudent to have placed a cache further away from the school. However, some school budgets and the bugaboo with permission slips don't allow for field trips as much as they used to. Should the teacher then abandon the activity entirely?

And where is the reviewer's responsibility in this? Yes, I know they are very busy and I do appreciate the work they do. Did the cache say it was on school property with school permission? The reviewer ought to have at least reminded the teacher that despite permission this might not be a very good idea. There used to be a cache in Avondale that was on school property. Not only was it on school property, the page said where the video camera was and to smile and wave at it. I searched for it on a Sunday and it still had a major creep factor....just because it was on school property.

My 1 cent worth.

Shari of Shamik