[Az-Geocaching] Another cache bites the dust

Regan Smith evilfish at cox.net
Mon Nov 17 15:52:05 MST 2008

13-1603. Criminal littering or polluting; classification

A. A person commits criminal littering or polluting if such person
without lawful authority does any of the following:

1. Throws, places, drops or permits to be dropped on public property or
property of another which is not a lawful dump any litter, destructive
or injurious material which he does not immediately remove.

2. Discharges or permits to be discharged any sewage, oil products or
other harmful substances into any waters or onto any shorelines within
the state.

3. Dumps any earth, soil, stones, ores or minerals on any land.

B. Criminal littering or polluting is punished as follows:

1. A class 6 felony if a knowing violation of subsection A in which the
amount of litter or other prohibited material or substance exceeds three
hundred pounds in weight or one hundred cubic feet in volume or is done
in any quantity for a commercial purpose.

2. A class 1 misdemeanor if the act is not punishable under paragraph 1
of this subsection and involves placing any destructive or injurious
material on or within fifty feet of a highway, beach or shoreline of any
body of water used by the public.

3. A class 2 misdemeanor if not punishable under paragraph 1 or 2 of
this subsection.