[Az-Geocaching] Why I became a Premium Member

PATRICK FINLEY Fastball50 at msn.com
Tue Dec 30 03:52:05 MST 2008

I don't remember saying anything about folks needing to play this game/hobby/sport (definitely not a sport, in MY opinion) the same way I do, or it's not the correct way to do it. What I'm saying is, SOME people place caches in urban places under the guise of either not having the time/resources/equipment/etc., when the real reason is, that they're too LAZY to either place or seek a cache in a more desirable (in MY opinion) location. I don't understand what kind of enjoyment somebody derives from finding an Altoids container in a bush at the mall. When somebody questions this type of geocaching, many of you folks get up in arms and defensive. I guess I must have struck a nerve with some of you. Good! Maybe some of you will consider putting a little more effort into hiding your caches in the future. If you truly want to have a family "bonding" experience, take the kids and the dog on a ride in our beautiful desert or mountains and find a cache with a view, instead of the parking lot at Wal-mart or the back wall of Walgreens. As I've said before, some of the cachers around here, take this game/hobby way too seriously. Others use it a social network, but that's another topic to peruse. Anyway, if you enjoy your Circle K caches, have at it, and don't let ME threaten you're caching world. Maybe I'll get the chance to meet some of you out in the boonies, someday. Naw, probably not................