[Az-Geocaching] so much for trying to preserve a cache

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Fri Sep 28 05:30:49 MST 2007

We could have seen this coming back when Petite Elite attempted to adopt
All Aboard Gone up in Prescott. I can't remember if the original owner
was out of contact, but the logic was that the container was missing, so
the cache could only be un-archived to the original owner, and not an
adoptee.
I read something in the forums that hinted that archived caches will be
taken off the maps soon, so the only way you would be able to 'find'
them would be by knowing the waypoint ID, or perhaps by looking at
someones found list.
Apparently 'cache permanence' is falling by the wayside, so stock up on
'Gladware' and just archive the cache and 'hide' a new one when the
container disintegrates.