[Az-Geocaching] so much for trying to preserve a cache

Richard Daines rjdaines at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 04:36:03 MST 2007

There have been several conversations on the forum about just this topic and
as predicted, this is the response.  GC seems to lean to archiving rather
that adoption if the original owner doesn't get involved.  There is a
similar cache here in Missouri that appears to have been quietly adopted but
is Disabled none the less.  Unless the original owner speaks up, I bet this
one will be Disabled too regardless of it condition.  I guess I can see the
point that a cache needs an owner, a point of contact.  Having to apply for
a new cache at the location
seems extreme but this is how GC tries to have control.