[Az-Geocaching] RE AZ fauna

Creepin' Jeepers - Geocaching 7/01 creepinjeepers at cox.net
Sun Sep 9 07:42:19 MST 2007

On that note; we back up to South Mountain Preserve, and the other morning on my "cardio constitutional" I saw a very large, beautifully marked Bobcat. Had heard they were in the area, but never seen one. He was lying in a small wash so could tell his exact size, but seemed larger than a coyote. We do have Javelina, too, and occasionally get a big cat from the Estrellas to the west--only see their tracks. As for snakes, we have a resident Sonoran Gopher Snake--beautiful yellow and black markings.

Love this state!