[Az-Geocaching] HEY Brian and Jason

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Mon Oct 22 19:17:31 MST 2007

I would guess Jake must be opted for the digest format?
I agree that posts quoting the entire thread can be overly long.
The main problem is posters who have their EMail client set to add their
reply AFTER the text they are replying to.
Sometime it is good to have the material being addressed available,
however.
The same phenomenon can happen in forums as well.

I see that the esteemed OP has added a reply that brings out the issue
that I originally suspected he was really concerned with, that being the
staleness of the 'news' items on the homepage. While the site owners are
willing to add fresh news items to the site, WE, THE COMMUNITY must take
the responsibility for writing them! Perhaps something as simple as a
'shout-out' to a local who is about to, or just passed a milestone?
Perhaps something about a local event that cachers might be interested
in, but is not well publicized? How about a 'trip report' on that really
cool caching trip you took last month to...SOMEWHERE?

Brian brings up some good points, but I have yet to see any really
objectionable posts on this list, and I would expect to see the same
restraint on an azgeocaching.com forum, if one should evolve.

With that, I must 'vote' to maintain the status quo. I prefer to get
each post in my EMail...to be read individually throughout the day.

Cache On!
Steve