[Az-Geocaching] Unarchive and adopt a cache

Arizona Ranger Team arizonarangers at cox.net
Mon May 7 22:34:16 MST 2007

1. Puz-Zel archived "Mingus View" (GC2035).

2. We (Puz-Zel and us) wanted to unarchive the cache and have it transfered to us.  Mr. Puz-Zel contacted the publisher about this procedure and was told, "Adoption cannot take place until a cache is unarchived.  However, since this cache has gone missing *and* the owner is changing, it would be best to leave it archived and have Arizona Ranger Team submit a new hide for the location."

3. Notwithstanding this reply, Puz-Zel went to http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/ and initiated the adoption procedure.  I got the adoption invite, clicked, "Yeah, I want to adopt this cache" and the adoption went through.  We had just successfully transferred a cache in the archived state.

4.  I replaced a new box at the site because the original had gone missing.  I then contacted "Honeychile". who was actively approving Arizona caches at that time and asked for the cache to be unarchived.  I didn't mention any history of the cache in my request.

5. The cache was activated.  It is alive today with all of it's original online history, though not its original physical logbook..

Dan,
RA, AzRT