[Az-Geocaching] Only an altoids tin!!

Tim Gunderson gundy at pmt.org
Sun Feb 11 18:43:13 MST 2007

I disagree. Number of finds doesn't necessarily indicate popularity. It probably indicates accessability and ease of finding. It is much easier to run out at 7 pm and nab a few micros hidden around town (especially in a large city) than to venture out of town and hike 0.25 miles or more to a cache.

By the same token, it is much easier to place a few mindless micros which require little gear, little investment, and little thought, than hiding a box of swag off the beaten path.   I have found and hidden both types.

Remember that the original idea in this thread, as I interpret it, was about micros that are not thought out or hidden well. A well thought out and well hidden micro can be challenging. I do think you miss the point of "popular". If cachers were asked to list their top 5 caches I doubt if many urban micros would show up on the list.
tgundy