[Az-Geocaching] was Garmin 60CSX, now Salton Sea formation

Mark Jefferson mjefferson11 at cox.net
Tue Nov 28 20:40:28 MST 2006

Not so  While it is true that there either was no dams or minimal damming of
the Colorado, the river was redirected, through the all american canal for
the purpose of irrigating the imperial valley.  Unusually heavy rains caused
the canal to breach, thus filling the Salton Sea.  I do find it laughable
that groups like the Sierra Club are so intent on saving one of the most
polluted man made habitats in the world.  I think that they would be better
in allowing the lake to dissappear.