[Az-Geocaching] Was Garmin 76CS now Jeeps

George Harris george at customcals.com
Wed May 3 09:58:27 MST 2006

Team Dodge Podge just got a "new" Jeep*: an 87 Wagoneer.  Looks like a
Cherokee, but upscaled interior and Dana 44 rear axle stock. Also has 4
doors, makes it easy for the knuckleheads to get in and out for those
cache-and-dash moves.

I like the Cherokee-style package a lot for desert wheeling.  Small, but
longer wheelbase, good room inside, narrow for the box canyons,  and a
million and one aftermarket goodies for them, limited only by your wallet.
I can fit my kids in there, and still have room for camping stuff. Good
power in the 4.0 six, and decent mileage. Pretty robust drivetrain, again
limited only by your wallet.

I bought mine in very good condition 5 days ago for $750. Already has a 4"
lift, limited slip rear, and newer engine.  They are a good value in 4x4s
right now.

* Technically still a Mopar.

-TDP