[Az-Geocaching] Perkinsville Road

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 9 22:00:46 MST 2006

Howdy,

Anyone been on Perkinsville Road lately all the way from Jerome to Williams?
There are a few caches back in there a little ways from Jerome and there may
be more along the entire route, I am sure. Wondering what the condition of
the dirt section from Jerome to Perkinsville is like? I hear it is an old
railroad grade. So probably narrow in areas. Is it a graded road all the
way? Bumpy? Kinda bumpy? I am really wanting to know if I can take a 4 door
long bed pickup truck from Jerome to Williams. The truck is 4wd and lifted.
But still a long truck. I took this truck back to the end of Soldiers Pass
in Sedona and I would say that is pretty darn narrow. One website says
passenger cars can make the trip from Jerome to Williams? How long would it
take to get from Jerome to Williams (no stops)? 3 hours? Less or more?

If I was driving from Cottonwood to Las Vegas, NV... would this trip take
about the same time as it would to go up Hwy 89A thru oak creek canyon and
out to 40 and across?

Thanks!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind