[Az-Geocaching] Forest closures lifted

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 6 23:44:04 MST 2006

Well, it appears that on Friday morning (July 7th) at 0800, the Coconino
National Forest below the rim will re-open. However, stage 1 fire
restrictions remain in place (no campfires, etc). There has been some rain
here in Sedona. That, along with higher humidities, has lowered the fire
danger a bit... although it is still 'high'. So, it appears I will finally
be able to get out and do some hiking again! Oak Creek Canyon remained
mostly closed (you can drive thru it, but you cant stop) due to chances for
mud/rock slides after heaving monsoon rains. The Brins Fire area will remain
closed as well.

Well, the temperature right now at 11:30pm is 65 degrees! Beautiful! I was
in Chandler this afternoon and hit a couple of caches and it was WAY HOT and
HUMID! I felt like I was in Houston, TX. Well, ok.. maybe not THAT humid! :)
But I definetly broke a serious sweat just finding two nearly drive by
caches!  As I drove up here to Sedona, it was a very pleasant drive up with
the cooler night time temps. Then, as I got nearer Sedona, I even rolled up
the truck window a bit! It was cool out! High temp today was 86 degrees at
noon and it was 81 degrees at 4pm. It cooled off a bit more than that as
some rain moved thru the area. Flagstaff is at 54 degree right now! Jacket
temps for me!!!!!!!!!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind