[Az-Geocaching] Displaying waypoints on Delorme Street Atlas 2006for PalmOS

Loran Wilcox loranwilcox at chartermi.net
Mon Aug 21 21:00:04 MST 2006

It does work but it is very complex.

I originaly got it to work with Topo USA 4.0 and above but here is the sequence.

1) On the palm memory there is a file XMapWptsDB. If it exists you will need to delete it.
2) Next you need to restart SA2006HH which will create a new empty XMapWptsDB file.
3) In the Directory C:\DeLorme Docs\Mobile Maps\Wpts Transfer you will need the file XMapHHWptsSend.txt which has the following format

BEGIN SYMBOL
43.7711800337,-85.8825199604, 'Jeep'ers Letterbox Cache
43.6073299646,-84.7953300476, "A nice basted turkey..."
END

4) I use gpsbabel to create this file for me using the following lines

gpsbabel -i gpx,gsshortnames -f AZ.gpx -o csv -F TOPO-AZ.txt
gpsbabel -i csv -f TOPO-AZ.txt -o xmap -F X-AX.txt

The first line generates a file I use with TOPO USA
The second line modifies it for the HandHeld

5) Then I use the following lines to rename it and copy it to the right directory.

del "C:\DeLorme Docs\Mobile Maps\Wpts Transfer\XMapHHWptsSend.txt"
copy X-AZ.txt "C:\DeLorme Docs\Mobile Maps\Wpts Transfer\XMapHHWptsSend.txt"

6) A hotsync will then load it to the palm.

Keep the number of waypoint under 500 or it messes up the tracking if you are using a GPS with the Palm.

Loran
Team Sand Dollar