[Az-Geocaching] Additional Waypoint Entries

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 6 07:07:01 MST 2006

>From: "Bill Nolan" <>
>To: <listserv at azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Additional Waypoint Entries
>Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 06:27:29 -0700
>
>I decided to do something about the high cost of fuel.  A few weeks ago, I
>bought a VW Jetta TDI diesel.  It pushed 50 MPG.  Nope, it won't go off
>road, but we still have the 4x4 for those trips, and, since we drive a LOT

I have actually been thinking for a while now about getting a dual sport
motorcycle. They are street legal, yet they are very capable off road and
seem to make great trail bikes. There is no need to even take the truck out.
I just hop on my dual sport bike, drive down the highway, turn off on the
dirt roads and go find some caches. I think these bikes get like 50mpg. Does
anyone else own a dual sport bike that they use for geocaching? I wonder how
comfortable they are for driving on the highway? It would definetly make a
great off road geocaching vehicle, since it can go places even a beefy 4x4
couldn't go.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind