[Az-Geocaching] need an opinion

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Thu Aug 3 05:20:06 MST 2006

That's a pretty steep climb!
For example, the approximate route I took to the top of Grayback  (RTW2)
was about a mile, and just under 1000 vertical feet. Most of the actual
elevation gain was in the second half of that climb, however.
Certainly 1000' vertical in about .23 mile would be 'doable' but there
are other factors that would become much more critical at that angle
Vegetation type and density as well as  the hiking surface (loose
gravel? slippery slabs of shale? big honkin' rocks?) could be as
important as the angle to someone ascending that hill.