[Az-Geocaching] Needed: advice for my first GPS

Richard E Holmes Corporation reh at reholmes.com
Sun Sep 25 07:21:58 MST 2005

Wow, to each their own. I started with a Garmin 45xl; big screen, detachable antenna, but neither the precision nor the accuracy of the later models. Got an eTrex Vista a few years ago and love it. Very powerful, in fact I'm still learning new things about it--RTFM. Only thing that's a minus is my old eyes v. some displays with small print. I don't use maps, but they can be loaded. The best thing is the ability to customize the displays, and in most cases increase the font size of certain fields

You can probably find them for under $200; there is a color model that is costlier. Good luck,

Creepin' Jeepers