[Az-Geocaching] Sorry Brian

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Thu Oct 6 07:27:23 MST 2005

Until midnight, the power was out at our house, for a full 26 hours.
Shortly after the power went out the SECOND time, I watched the night sky
light up for a solid 8 seconds as a massive transformer to our SE fought
valiantly to stay alive, in the end succumbing to the wet, heavy snow.

On a bright note, I was in the Little Belt Mountains over the weekend on a
trail ride with a 4x4 club I just joined, and from the top of the north side
of the mountains, we could literally see the leading edge of the cold front
hugging the ground as it rolled across the plains toward us.  It was the
neatest weather phenomenon I've witnessed in quite a long time, even more so
than the twister I saw touch down on South Mountain a few years ago.  By the
end of the afternoon, the leading winds had reached us and you could
definitely tell, as the wind chill was dramatically lower than at the start
of the morning.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v318/b_casteel/Project%20JEEP/Fun/10-01-05%20L
ittle%20Belt%20Mountains/

Only 2 pics for now, but I'm waiting for my buddy to send me the rest.  The
canyon in the one pic leads to the balancing rock, at its most narrow being
55" across.  We didn't have time for everyone to play and try to make it
through, but the next time I go up that's a must-try.  A Rubicon recently
made it through, but cheated.  :-)  He used his airbag suspension to keep
the wheels flat while he tilted the frame/body at such an angle as to clear
the obstructions.  I'd have to walk 2 of my tires onto one of the walls,
maintaining an angle that doesn't tease my center of gravity too much.  Our
ride leader is one of those guys that knows the history of everywhere he is,
making this probably the best run I've ever made so far.

By the way, it's back up to 51 today, with 69 for a high tomorrow.  I see
it's in the upper 90s still in Phx, so neener.

Brian

Team A.I.

  _____