[Az-Geocaching] Oldest cache

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Sat May 28 13:56:25 MST 2005

The oldest, _active_ URBAN cache?
I would seem to depend on your interpretation of URBAN. ;-)
If you click on the 'List newest Caches in Arizona
<http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=3>' link ( on the
upper right of your 'My Account Details' page), and then advance to the
last page of the list (page 168, 3346 caches down the line!), you will
see the oldest non-archived caches in AZ. You can then 'go backwards'
towards the newer listings until you find a cache that meets YOUR
criteria as an URBAN cache. :-\

It seems Diablo Point
<http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6b213288-6b66-46b8-8bc9-e53151b5e4f1>
is the oldest active cache within incorporated city limits, but I would
hardly call it's placement 'URBAN'! :-D
Next up would be LoHi
<http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=415d2b54-6358-4314-8c50-19984037d0c4>.
The first stage is in a city park, but the second stage is in a bit more
remote spot. :-[
The oldest single stage, totally, unquestionably URBAN cache would
appear to be Smile for Sneaky Peak.
<http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ee027b61-b4e0-4b44-a694-962f2ca3e000>
, but then, there's no container! :-(

There are plenty of older caches I haven't found, and so I can't comment
on their URBANNESS URBANITY uh, I cain't tell ya if they's in town 'r
not!. :-X

Steve