[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Rino130

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Fri May 6 15:09:37 MST 2005

Thanks for all the replies on the subject of the Rino130's! Got lots of
ideas. I also actually got a chance to hold one of them and play with the
GPS anyways. It was a 120. The screen is actually much smaller then the 60C
screen. So that is a bit of a turn off. That plus a black/white screen (or
whatever you call it) definetly doesnt appeal to me since I am so used to
using the 60C's large color TFT screen. But the radio unit does interest me.

Obviously, Garmin has the ability to make this a full color screen. One
could ponder why they didnt. But my guess is they put this unit out so they
could sell a bunch of them with the plans to release a color version down
the road so those owners might upgrade! So I will probably wait a spell and
wait for the color unit to come out. Would love to see the memory increase
to the 56mb that the 60C has too although 24mb is really quite plenty.

Scott
Team RTW