[Az-Geocaching] Geoberry!

Gale sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 15:29:16 MST 2005

That cache was mine, and part of the trouble was that I couldnt change the coordinates on the page. That made it harder for people to want to find it. (Pocket queries only had the old coordinates.) In this cache for tc.com, Im proposing that the cache will stay there until it is found. At the end of that day or weekend, I will disable it and move it to a new area, then re-enable it. The cache would not be something people would go to only to discover it was moved. The cache would only be moved by the cache owner, and only with prior notice on the cache page.

ShadowAce <shadowace.az at gmail.com> wrote:The last cache I know of in the Phoenix area that was a moving cache,
which we tried to get a few times, got archived by the owner and not
geocaching.com.

It appears that it sat missing for six months then got archived. I
hope your cache on TC.com has better survival. I would have loved to
get the moving one up there, but it was not maintained and was always
missing.

Then again, that might be a reason I am not thrilled about the idea of
a moving cache if I drive 200 miles round trip to find out it was
moved that morning.

The one up in Phoenix was named Where's Waldo's Heart.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCD742

Owner even wrote "Since there has been such a time lag between the
last finder of this cache and the person who couldnt find it, it is
apparent that this cache is not as popular as some of our other
caches. With that in mind, it is time for this one to be archived."

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:15:38 -0800 (PST), Gale
wrote:
> I had an idea today for a moving cache in which the first finder at a
> location gets to say which area I (the owner) gets to move the cache for the
> following weekend. A moving cache that is carefully placed. I will get a
> list of locations prepared, all legal, and submit my limited moving cache to
> tc.com. That should forestall all of the problems associated with moving
> caches.

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898