[Az-Geocaching] Maximum square mile cache density

Tim Giron tgiron at cox.net
Mon Mar 14 21:02:11 MST 2005

With this new constraint (which I will call interlocking horizontal
neighbors), I will offer 2 answers to be debated.  The first is 120,
since now the rows are all 10 "dots" wide and they just shift back
and forth, forming triangles.  However, this leaves approx 250 feet
wasted at the top of the square (since there is no longer a benefit
to "squaring up" the sides.  So, I will throw out another, softer
number of 125 which is the average for two squares stacked vertically
(the 250 feet from each add up to enough to make another row which
takes 457 feet, and they split the number in the row).

Tim
Team AZFastFeet