[Az-Geocaching] GPS Sensitivity

Bill Nolan bill at freeholder.com
Mon Mar 14 20:30:27 MST 2005

It may depend somewhat on the model.  Also, the signal degrades if it has to
go through walls, etc.  I use a Garmin Etrex Legend that I have had for two
or three years.  It works fine in the car hooked to my notebook, although it
does claim better accuracy when it is lying on the dash.  It works in many
houses, but not those with the new metal roofs.  It works in an airplane as
long as I hold it near the window.

Bill in Willcox