[Az-Geocaching] Rattlers are out!

George Harris george at customcals.com
Thu Mar 10 15:21:06 MST 2005

TDP was out this past weekend, and encountered not one, but two rattlers.
One didn't move from his hiding spot, but the other was downright hostile.
Mrs. Gusano (of team Gusanos de Amor)  got too close, and he went nuts.  He
didn't strike though, but he was ready.

With this warm spell, I would be *very* wary around caches in rockpiles,
especially with packrat nests in the area. Snakes like apartments with fast
food joints nearby.

Use a hiking stick and whack stuff ahead of you where you can't see well.