Cache approvers (was: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Mo' bettah caches!)

Koch, Dan Dan.Koch at Eclipsys.com
Mon Mar 7 10:22:03 MST 2005

<apologies in advance if this is a double posting...>

A group of cache approvers is an excellent idea but I'm not sure that
known identies would be appropriate.  After reading the forums, and
hearing directly from approvers, it sounds like cachers get extremely
upset when their caches aren't approved and they take their frustrations out
on the approvers, both personally and publically (see other thread here on
the listserv).

On the other hand, I think that total anonymity is impossible.
'Cliques' already exist within this community and I strongly believe
that those cachers that are buddies with approvers would EXPECT that
their caches would be given preferential treatment.  Even if that is not
the case, perception is 90% of fact.  A group of approvers could be one
way to alleviate that problem.

I can see either side.  Maybe the formation of a "true" Association,
with officers and an approval board, would be the way to go.  The
Association could then become the official reviewer for the state.

Thoughts?

LazyK - Dan