[Az-Geocaching] Mo' bettah caches!

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 6 13:37:28 MST 2005

. the land owners would be working with the LOCAL caching community, not
someone up in Seattle. A lot more can be accomplished face-to-face, rather
than through impersonal emails over 1000 miles. Cachers here in Arizona are
just as capable as GC.com to work with land agencies. Even more so, in my
opinion.

Also, there could be a GROUP of cache approvers for Arizona, not just one.
They could be voted in by the caching community on an annual basis. They
would be people we would ALL know, not hiding behind the GC.com mask of
anonymity. Quality of caches would improve DRAMATICALLY if 3 out of 5
reviewers had to give it a "yes" vote before it got listed. Caches might
even be pre-visited by an approver.

I'm still thinking about trying to sign up at this site, so I'm certainly
not endorsing it, but I wonder what you and others here think of some of the
concepts behind http://terracaching.com <http://terracaching.com/> ?

As best I've been able to make out, you need to obtain two sponsors who are
already members in order to join. Those two members then become your cache
approvers. It sounds as though it would answer some of the points you made
in the paragraphs I quoted above, Jeff.

I could see Terracaching as a supplement, rather than a rival, to gc.com.
But I also fear it could get out of hand if it grew as quickly as did
gc.com.

I'm just wondering about other points of view on what Terracaching is doing.
For myself, I am unconditionally ambivalent.

I wish you a rapid resolution to the job hunt, Jeff.

Steve

Team Tierra Buena