[Az-Geocaching] Was - Power Trail not approved! Now - Admins

Scott Wood scott at myblueheaven.com
Thu Mar 3 16:14:31 MST 2005

At 04:06 PM 3/3/2005, you wrote:
>Well, one could deduce two possibilities from this.  Either you couldn't get
>a power trail approved, or you think there are too many caches in an area,
>thus creating saturation.

There is a third.

I don't feel a need to try and justify a cache to an admin, with the
possible exception of a virtual.  Even that is open for debate.  I am sure
that most of heard the story behind my "Famous Trees" cache.

If I am going to take the time to hide a cache, it is going to be a quality
cache, and it is going to be in a place that is appropriate for that
cache.  I am going to do my homework and legwork to make sure that it is a
good cache.  We have had very little trouble with our caches getting
plundered, and the one that recently did was about to be archived anyway
because of housing developments getting too close for comfort.  Remember,
along with a few others here, Team My Blue Heaven was among the handful of
initial cachers here in Arizona, and we know the difference between a good
cache and a bad cache.  I am not going to spend my time and energy trying
to justify my work in hiding a cache to a person who may or may not have
ever stepped foot in this state.