[Az-Geocaching] Power Trail not approved!

Damian Nichols aznichols at cox.net
Thu Mar 3 13:15:28 MST 2005

I still stick to my original comment... I think 20-100 caches in one area is to much. You shouldn't have to give people incentive to keep going by putting a cache every so many feet. The purpose (in my opinion) is to get someone out to a location that they "wanted" to explore in the first place. Once there it shouldn't matter if there is 1 cache or 100 caches.... if the person really wants to explore and see the area they don't need "motivation".... and if they do maybe this "sport" isn't for them.

Just seems to cluttered to me.... I would prefer you find 100 different locations and place one cache in each of them. That would be cool... Help people get out and see a "bunch" of new places... instead of just one trail or park.

In fact.. if you like the "Power Trails" so much why don't you make a series or caches (or even a multi cache)... that will lead you to the starting location of one that already exists in California... That would give people a chance to explore part of Arizona while on their way to the CA Power Caches....

Damian
GeoCrazy
www.geocrazy.com

Guy Aldrich <graldrich at gmail.com> wrote:
I enjoyed doing those power trails in California so much I wanted to
share my experience with Arizona geocachers! I just wanted people to
have a great time doing this trail,that was my motive! I was not going
to be alone in putting this trail together,there was going to be 3
other teams involved!A cache every 1/4 mile is alot more incentive to
keep going! I offered to get a petition to do the trail but Coadmin
said it still was not going to happen! He stated Arizona does not need
a power trail ! What upsets me most is if I got my plan approved by
Phoenix Parks and Recreation he (coadmin) would still turn it down!