[Az-Geocaching] Has anyone seen this cachers posts?

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:00:06 MST 2005

>From: AZcachemeister <azcachemeister at getnet.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Has anyone seen this cachers posts?
>Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:18:21 -0700
>
>That looks like fun!
>'Using' the GPS in Flight Simulator was what got me wanting a real one. Of
>course I had no use for one, but it seemed cool to be able to know exactly
>where you are at any time. I couldn't justify the expense (even to myself!)
>until I heard about Geocaching. Now Geocaching, and all the planning and
>scheming that goes with it, takes up all the time I used to spend in Flight
>Simulator.
>:-D

I have every edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator dating back to Version
4.0 (I think it is) when it was on DOS! I was using an old Tandy 1000
computer back then. Beleive it or not.. we still have that computer hooked
up and runnin' today! HAHA! Today, Microsoft flight simulator has come a
LONG ways and it almost really lives up to it's slogan... as real as it
gets! The add on scenery is incredible. If you take the default scenery and
look at say Camelback Mnt... you just see a 'hill' more or less. Throw in
the 30m Mesh add on scenery and it brings up most of the peaks in the
mountain. Now, you can even get some 10m mesh terrain that shows even
greater detail. As I am a hot air balloon pilot... last year a buddy over at
the Saturn factory in Tennessee and myself exchanged back and forth the file
for a hot air balloon. It flies almost like a real balloon... except the
flight characteristics of a balloon cant be simulated properly in MFS since
it doesnt recognize it. But the simulator does allow you to set the weather
to any parameters.. including wind speeds and directions at different
altitudes.. allowing me to steer the balloon. I am able to control ascent
and decent. It even has a real burner wav. file. Sounds great! :) Looks cool
too! I even have a logbook program on my computer to log my simulator
flights. I have logged many hundreds of hours!! :)

Anyways, the idea of this guy using the simulator to bag caches around the
world is kinda cool. I wouldnt do it.. just because I have been caching way
to long to log a false find where I didnt really sign the logbook. But it
would be fun to create another user name/team name to log such virtual finds
on!

Now... I would like to see him try and land that Cessna at one of my
geocaches... RTW-1 or 2!!! HAHAHA!!!!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind