[Az-Geocaching] State Parks

ShadowAce shadowace.az at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 11:18:58 MST 2005

http://www.cacheintrashout.org/

CITO History

In April of 2003, geocachers celebrated the First International Cache
In Trash Out Day. The first year with short notice, geocachers around
the world organized 67 cleanup events in 5 countries and 28 States.
There were 1180 unique logs posted showing participation in these
events, and hundreds more acted locally in recognition of this
important day. The events were such a huge success that Groundspeak
committed to carrying on the tradition.

In 2004 the event was an even greater success, geocachers from around
the world held more than 160 clean up events in 10 countries and 41 US
states!

Cache In Trash Out Day is made possible each year by a partnership
between Groundspeak and the entire Geocaching community with support
from our sponsor, businesses and organizations everywhere.

I will have no chance of coming up for the meeting, but you or whoever
speaks may be interested in pointing out the CITO community to the
people there. CiTO is a great way to get land managers to like us as
cachers because it proves that we are trying to clean up the areas as
well as use them.

Remind them that geocaching is a leave no trace game where people who
enjoy the outdoors help to keep them clean for others.