[Az-Geocaching] Impromptu Geocaching event

gage gager gage003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 20:52:10 MST 2005

I think it would be fun to go to. Thanks for thinking of it.

nofeargage

Michael Mavrofrides <mmavrofrides at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

This is redsox2k4 from Massachusetts. I tried to get an event cache
approved
out here in Phoenix since I'm here on vacation. However, because there was
not
two weeks advance notice they wouldn't approve it. I'm planning on holding
an
event (although not official) to meet other cachers. Please check out the
event
information in the forums West and Southwest at

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=100929

and post a reply if you can make it. I'd love to meet other cachers in this
area and I'm emailing all cache owners that are in the area and asking them
spread the word to other cachers you may know.

Sincerely,
Michael Mavrofrides

I'm including my forum post at the end of this email.

They won't approve the event, because I haven't given at least 2 weeks
notice. I'd still like to have the event and will be over there on Thursday
from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm for those who would like to stop by.

I already bought some small prizes, so I'll have the event by myself if this
doesn't work posting in the forums. Please get word out to those that are in
the Phoenix area. I'm including the coordinates and cache description since
I can't get the page to be viewable.

Schillings Return (Phoenix) GCPAMR
N 33° 28.323 W 112° 09.192
UTM: 12S E 392847 N 3704215

In honor of Curt Schilling returning to Arizona for some event (I didn't
catch what it was on the news, just that he returned). This event is to swap
Travel Bugs while I'm out here.

Since there are not many large caches to swap TB's at out here I thought I'd
hold an event. I thought this would be a great way to meet other cachers out
here too. Since I travel to Phoenix often, I'd like to meet other cachers
that would like to go caching.
The event will take place in Sueno Park from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. To log the
event, you will need to find the special event cache, coords to be released
at the event. Plenty of parking can be found close by at N 33 28.294 W 112
09.185.

Feel free to bring pot luck Finger Food. There are tables. I be bringing
some bags of chips. Please note if you are bringing any food in your Will
Attend note. There are also charcoal grills if anyone wants to bring some
charcoal and meat to grill.

There will also be a dash cache that the finder will get to keep the
container and contents. Dash Cache will take place at approximately 7:00 pm.

Please support caching through this Rogue Event, LOL.

I even picked up supplies to hold a Poker Run with prizes.