[Az-Geocaching] Caching Trip

David Thompsen dthompsen at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 08:33:18 MST 2005

I know a way, but it's not exactly easy.  I used this method on my drive from Tucson to Minnesota.

First thing is a large database program to store pocket queries generated along your route.  I have used GSAK for a long time and it does the trick just fine.

Second thing is to generate a set of waypoints for your route : this can be very tricky to do.  The reason you need this is you can import it into GSAK and use this as your 'filter' to tell GSAK that you only want caches say within, 2 miles of that route.  Getting this route file correct and in the form that GSAK wants can be tricky.

Here's a webpage where someone describes one system they used :

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/marklent60544/myhomepage/Geocaching/route.htm

If you decide to use GSAK and want help with the route arc/filter aspect of it, contact me off list and I'll see what I can do.

--Dave, The Cow Spots

"D. Nichols" <geocrazy at cox.net> wrote:
Question... I am going on a road trip from Michigan back to AZ next week. Does anyone know an easy way to find all the caches along a specific route. I would like to find and download all of them into my GPS prior to going.... Is there a software package or a way to search that will do this?

Damian
GeoCrazy
www.geocrazy.com

http://mail.yahoo.com