[Az-Geocaching] Upcoming 5th anniversary of FirstPhoenix Geocachers "Happy H

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 21:46:20 MST 2005

>From: AZcachemeister <azcachemeister at getnet.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Upcoming 5th anniversary of
>FirstPhoenix	Geocachers "Happy Hour"
>Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:21:24 -0700
>
>I checked the page for this cache...12 teams in attendance.
>The last get-together type event I attended (in Tucson mind you), 47 teams
>and nearly 100 bodies. Is Hooters ready for this?

Oh, Hooters will be ready for it! Actually, I dont think THAT many teams
will attend anyways, considering the location. Also, perhaps a Friday is a
better day since it would perhaps keep the size of the group a bit smaller
to accomodate. Perhaps this event cache at Hooters could be more for the
adult geocachers. I think there is room for an event cache for the older
geocaching crowd. I seem to remember a 'ladies night out' event cache held
several years ago. So, why not a 'Guys night out' geocaching event at
Hooters!!! ;)  Of course, if it was my event cache.... the ladies would
always be invited! :)

>Personally I'd prefer the original location for authenticity reasons. ;-)
>The original date would be best as well, but a Saturday date is more fair
>to those teams inhabiting the distant lands.

I guess an event cache held in Florida should also be held on a weekend so
that I can attend. I wouldnt be able to get there after work on a weekday
otherwise! Although, Peasinapod probably could!!!

I remember that first AZ event cache and I had hoped to attend. It was held
during my early days geocaching. I remember wanting to attend, but I think I
had business that afternoon. But for me, every day is just another day. So
whatever day it is held on could end up being a 'work' day for me... I never
know until closer to the date what my schedule will be.

Anyways, that is my final take on this thread. But my vote is for
authenticity purposes... same location, same date. After all, it wouldnt be
an anniversary event cache if it was on a different date.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind