[Az-Geocaching] What does your geocaching name mean and how did you come up with it

Trisha Brasher trisha at brasher.com
Wed Aug 24 10:35:25 MST 2005

"Lightning1996YCJP" originated because my friend and fellow Jeep Posse member Ron Gordon, who's nickname is "Flash" (get it?) called me one day back in early July 01 and asked, "Have you heard of this new geocaching thing?" (we use GPS in search and rescue, so it was a natural 'leap').
The next day we did our 8 hr, 4x4, mapping for the Posse, hike and find of the afore-mentioned Wyle E cache "Camp Wood" (FTF!). I had to think of a name, so I picked "Lightning" because I was with "Flash" and the 1996 is my Posse/Sheriff ID number and of course YCJP is Yavapai County Jeep Posse.
We were told about a year later to separate any geocaching activity/posts/logs from the Posse/Sheriff office, because of the-then-confusion about IF caches were allowed or not allowed here and there blah blah blah....but by then it was too late, the 1996YCJP part is on my official name, but as everyone knows, I simply go by "Lightning" (Of which, I am awed and deeply afraid!)
We had an awesome lightning display last night about 5-8 pm north of Prescott.

Trisha ~ "Lightning"
Prescott Valley