[Az-Geocaching] What part of "NO FOOD IN CACHE" is not clear?

Trisha Brasher trisha at brasher.com
Sat Apr 30 19:40:56 MST 2005

Just venting some frustration here, folks...

We had to do cache maintenace today for my "All that Glitters" cache in the forest near Prescott. Seems it was getting wet inside and full of ants. Hm. This container, a large rectangular Tupperware (sturdy), one of my ORIGINAL hide containers first deployed 7/01, had survived almost 4 years of Prescott winters, etc. I found that the lid had been gnawed alot (through), and it was damp, ants, etc...and I found some IDIOT had left GUM in the cache!

So....what part of "DON'T PUT FOOD IN A CACHE" is not understood?? This is what happens! Ruins a perfectly good container that had otherwise survived quite fine, thank you.

See GC99DD if interested. I have replaced the container with one that can't be gnawed through and restocked it (geojunk removed). It is a great place to visit, if you haven't done it yet put it one your list for the next time you visit Prescott.

I also discovered that I "think like graldrich" which I think scares me :-) ha ha . See GCKXC8, which we easily found in a couple minutes.

Back to *lurking*

Trisha "Lightning"

"My life is just a pencil in the hand of God,
and it is He who is writing my story." ~ Mother Teresa