[Az-Geocaching] RE: Az-Geocaching Digest, Vol 6, Issue 21

Paul Hruby xqsxqs at qwest.net
Wed Apr 27 22:51:31 MST 2005

I don't think it's an attempt to make people feel bad.  Everyone can't make
it to an event like this so they pickup when they're out and about.

One thing that I did see from the notes left on the web site is that some
people can't afford the drive and some car pool with someone else.  I think
it would be great that if someone that is planning on attending this type of
event, that they might let the list know if they can take riders - to save
on gas.

I'm in the same area as TeXAZ and it's about an 80 mile round trip to the
Mesa site.  TeXAZ said that they would have liked to attend, but the time to
drive, pickup and drive would be too much for what they had time for.  There
might be others that can't afford the gas but would like to help out all the
same.  Events are good places to meet fellow cachers, to put a face to a
name and have some fun.

I'm not a serious cacher, I may not cache for weeks at a time, but when I
do, I always enjoy the time and events are a great place to see others that
like the sport.

ShadowAce - I'm heading down to Tucson, I think this coming Sunday with the
in-laws and we were going to the Sonoran Desert Museum?  Do you know of any
caches that I could take them to that aren't too much of a walk?  They're in
their sixties and not much into hiking.

Thanks,
Paul aka: Sonic Warthog

Message: 2