[Az-Geocaching] Magnets

Brian Cluff brian at Snaptek.com
Sat Nov 13 13:09:31 MST 2004

*cynde* polenick wrote:
> One thing we couldn't help but notice... in many of the caches, there is
> an incredibly good magnet.  It appears to have come out of something, as
> it usually has a section that seems like it was ripped from
> something...  they were about 3" x 1/2" and sorta kidney-bean shaped...
> Anyone have any idea how I might be able to obtain one on these gems?

What you are describing would HAVE to be the magnets out of a hard
drive.  You can get them from places like http://wondermagnet.com/ or
buy them on e-bay.  The easiest way might be to ask your local geek that
repairs computers.  They almost certainly have a pile of dead or useless
hard drive you could year one out of.  I USED to have a bunch of them
till me Motherinlaw decided she needed them more than me and took about
30 of them with her back to spain. ARRRG!

Brian Cluff