[Az-Geocaching] Box game brings out bomb squad

Ken Henson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:18:25 -0700

--Apple-Mail-10--978509436
	delsp=yes;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed

On Saturday, March 27, 2004, at 09:22 AM, RopingThe Wind wrote:

> Oh yea. Now I have heard it all! :(  You have gots to be kidding
> me!!?!??

> Anyways, I'm not trying to be sarcastic here or anything... but, I
> think it is truly rediculous that many people live their life this
> way. I dont worry about the small stuff. Someday something will do me
> in. But, I am not worrying about when that day will come. I am just
> trying to live my life and enjoy it the best I can.
>
> ... What is up with the comment about the 'star trek' games anyways!?
> Is he suggesting that we should not be able to go out and enjoy the
> outdoors and basically live life?!
>
> Scott
> Team Ropingthewind

==

One more point of view.  Seems like bombs and explosives are real.
- Ken

http://www.asuwebdevil.com/news/2004/03/26/News/
Explosive.Shakes.Asu.Facility-642444.shtml

Explosive shakes ASU facility

Bomb units investigate incident involving trash can
By Tim Taylor
Published: Friday, March 26, 2004

A device exploded in a trash can near the ASU Research Park
approximately 1:20 a.m. Thursday, sparking bomb units from the Tempe
Police Department to investigate.

A security guard on duty at the park, located between Warner and Elliot
roads on Price Road, said he heard "a loud explosion" and went to
investigate, according to Tempe police Sgt. Dan Masters.

The guard discovered that the cement receptacle on Price Road near a
bus stop had been damaged. There were no injuries.

He began picking up the pieces because he thought the receptacle had
been hit by a vehicle. He then realized that an explosive was involved
and called 911, Masters said.

Bomb technicians determined that an explosive device placed in the
trash barrel had been detonated. The technicians will be analyzing the
evidence with help from the National Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,
Firearms and Explosives.

Authorities do not know the motive of the detonation, and no threats
have been received.

There is no evidence linking this incident with last Friday's bomb
scare on the ASU Main campus, where three residence halls were
evacuated because of a suspicious device in Parking Structure 5.

The research park celebrated its 20th anniversary of operations on
Wednesday.

Would have been interesting if Geocache had been in or around this
object. Just
something to think about.  - Ken

--Apple-Mail-10--978509436

Oh yea. Now I have heard it all! :(  You have gots to be kidding
me!!?!??

</excerpt>

<excerpt>Anyways, I'm not trying to be sarcastic here or anything...
[...]

something to think about.  - Ken</fontfamily>

--Apple-Mail-10--978509436--