[Az-Geocaching] Another cacher finds body near Las Vegas

Brian - Team A.I. listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:27:31 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00F1_01C411C5.49BE3C10

MCSO has a more direct need to know, and it seems clear that they were =
trained in GPS technology.  I'm actually glad they do understand it.  =
Some of the field units (deputies, not SAR) are starting to get their =
own units for collision investigation purposes.  Local PDs don't have =
such a need, as street addresses work perfectly well for them.  DPS =
should use them, but currently doesn't.  However, in the new CAD system =
we're getting next month, GPS info is used, but we're still not being =
trained on it.  Go figure.  Usually, if it isn't asphalt, it isn't ours. =
 :/  When sending our Ranger helicopters out on LE or SAR missions, they =
ask for coordinates.  If the local PD can't provide them (usually the =
case), I find it for them to make the job easier for my guys.  But as I =
said before, most of the people in the center don't understand the =
technology, and give me the "get a life" speech when I tell them about =
what I do on my days off (I'm in better shape than most of them, so go =
figure).  I think more than anything, they're afraid of learning it =
because it sounds complicated.  I should suggest to my supervisor about =
teaching a class on GPS technology and how to find where the coordinates =
point.

Brian
Team A.I.
  ----- Original Message -----=20